- Brush twice daily.
- Put a ½” stripe of TartarEnd on a compact or children’s medium bristle brush head fitted to a sonic toothbrush.
- Spread the toothpaste over the teeth with a greater amount on the heavier tartar build-up.
- Turn on the brush. The recommended tooth brushing sequence is:
- Top outside ( 30 sec. )
- Top inside (30 sec.)
- Bottom outside ( 30 sec. )
- Bottom inside (30 sec.)
- For additional tartar removal, turn the brush on again and brush an additional 30 seconds on areas with heavy build-up
- Spit out brushing fluids
- Floss AFTER brushing with TartarEnd®.
- Rinse with water.
- Compact or Children’s Toothbrush heads are preferred. These smaller brush heads fit better in tighter spaces and are better at removing tartar in hard-to-reach locations such as the lower inside front teeth.
- Medium stiffness bristles work best with TartarEnd® toothpaste.
- Soft bristles, sometimes called gum bristles are not recommended.
- Manual toothbrushes work for light to moderate tartar producers.
Heavy Tartar Producers and Removing Existing Heavy Tartar Buildup
- Philips Protective Clean Model 4100, Protective Clean Model 6100 in Clean Mode and highest speed
- Philips Series 4100 at high speed
Light To moderate Tartar Producers and Removing Existing Light Tartar Buildup
- Oral-B PRO 3000
- Oral-B 1000 toothbrush
- Aquasonic toothbrush
- Manual Toothbrush
- String or Tape Floss
- Wooden flossers – Stim-U-Dent THIN
- Water flossers
- Floss Trees or Floss Brushes
HOW TO TEST YOUR SONIC TOOTHBRUSHES AT HOME 1
( Compare your toothbrush to the Video which shows very good sonic brushing action)
- Fill a clear glass to the top with water on a water-resistant countertop as water may splash out of the glass when the sonic toothbrush is turned on.
- Hold your sonic toothbrush head with the bristles about ¼ inch below the water surface as shown in the video.
- Turn on your toothbrush. The better sonic toothbrushes will show rapid water and bubble movements similar to those in the video. This sonic brushing action sends pulses of TartarEnd® ingredients deep between the teeth and at least 5 millimeters below the gum line to give the best tartar and plaque removal.